Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Baby shower

Thanks to Darwin Barton

Last week I went to my first co-ed baby shower. It was really fun and I think my husband would even admit that he had a good time. The food was really good and they served alcohol, which I thought was a little strange. Another thing that I thought was kind of strange was that they had a football game on the entire shower. The host of the shower had direct tv and there was some big football game on, so I know my husband was relieved that he did not have to miss it. I guess I am just used to baby showers that include dainty food and silly shower games. However, after having attended this shower, I will have a whole new outlook on hosting a shower. I thought that the idea of having a barbecue dinner for food was great. Also, I will never again suggest playing silly shower games because nobody seems to enjoy playing them anyway. I do not think I would suggest having a football game on, although this is one way to get males to come to the shower. The mom-to-be did open her gifts, but the only ones watching were the girls who could not pull their spouses away from the football game. I hope that the next baby shower I host will be co-ed.

No comments: