Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A baby born with two faces

Does it sound interesting to you? I was surprised when I read this news. I never thought that would actually happen in real. The baby girl, Lali, was born in North India. The people in their village worship this little baby as the reincarnation of a Hindu goddess. Doctors diagnosed the baby as having a rare condition called craniofacial duplication, where a single head has two faces. Except for her ears, all of Lali's facial features are duplicated — she has two noses, two pairs of lips and two pairs of eyes. Despite her condition, she is doing fine and normal. But studies have shown that her condition often linked to serious health problems. I feel the quivering blood flows through my veins. I really feel bad about this little angel. May the Lord Jesus be with her.

3 comments:

Prily said...

This is very heartwarming story!It still amazes me how things like this happen.It still amazes me how my baby girl died of serious heart problem?but we cannot question God.Everythign has its reasons. Thanks for dropping by at site,my friend.This post just touched my heart.

Crista said...

wow, God works in mysterious ways! I saw a documentary about siamese twins...its amazing how fetal development works sometimes.

Sendo said...

hmmm...I found another picture as well about a baby born with extra limbs and arms with some explanations I forgot..the same story says that villagers worshi the baby as some Hindu goddess.. why are there a lot of newborns are getting this kind of anomalies lately huh? weird